Monday, August 22, 2016

Stitch Fix Customer Service

I am sad to report that the jeans that looked so great from my last Stitch Fix didn't work out. I wore them around the house for a couple of hours the Sunday after I got them and by the end of that time they had gotten all stretched out and were sagging in the crotch and rubbing against my inner thigh in a most unpleasant way. I agonized about it for a while and tried to search online for other people's experiences. It didn't seem like anyone had ever tried to send anything back after they already sent back the other items - Stitch Fix didn't even address this possibility in their FAQ's. I reached out to Katie, but she had also never had that experience. She suggested I email customer service directly and just ask them, which was next on my list of ideas anyway. I had already received an email from customer service because I had rated my last Fix as "unsatisfying." It was nice of them to reach out, but at first blush, I also found that email "unsatisfying," as it was clearly generic and told me to do things I already had done, namely writing the stylist a note to let her know if there are any trends, styles, or items I was coveting. I pointed this out in the first part of my reply, saying "Thanks for the follow-up. I was very happy with my first Fix, even though only two items ended up being keepers. I was disappointed that the second Fix wasn't as successful, but please know that I am not angry about this. I get that this is a process and these things happen. I will try to be more specific (although I think I was pretty specific last time and both my style profile and pinterest page pretty clearly reflect my style interests)."

Maybe not the most well written of paragraphs, but it got the point across and when Erin, one of the customer service reps, replied, she noted "I see that you've been leaving great feedback on the items you are receiving and that is the best way to help you stylist improve on her selections so that we can send you pieces you love! If you have any additional feedback or suggestions for your stylist, feel free to let me know and I would be happy to help build your style profile." I appreciated that she took the time to check and offered to provide additional help. She then went on to offer to send the jeans in a smaller size or I could return them for a full refund. Since the jeans were just hovering on the edge of what I consider "too short" (I'm weird like that and I think we've already covered this), I decided a smaller size wouldn't work and I opted for the refund. Erin immediately sent me a return label to print out so all I had to do was buy a padded enveloped at the UPS store and we were good to go. Now, I don't know if "full refund" includes the $20 styling fee, but I'm okay with it either way. The process was easy; the rep was responsive; and I am walking away satisfied and still looking forward to September's Fix. In my note to the stylist, I will make sure to emphasize patterns, request no more blue denim (if they want to send another color, that's fine) and perhaps some transitional items, and include the direct link to the Cosima wore it page. I can't remember if I've linked to it before, but just in case, here it is.

1 comment:

  1. I do love their customer service. Glad you got that second (non-generic) follow-up!

    ReplyDelete